Sunday, August 3, 2008

I heart shabby chic!


After watching an episode of Design Star a few weeks ago, I have come to love shabby chic style! I want to do our master bedroom in the new house around shabby chic. Eric's not too crazy about it but he said as long as he gets a "man room" it's fine. With 7 bedrooms to decorate I'm sure we can find one to make the "man room". I found this shabby chic bedroom collection at Target that i hope to get for my birthday. I just want to get the bedding there and try to find the furniture at the DI or yard sale and just fix it up with some white paint and sand paper.

When i got pregnant this second time i was really hoping for a girl and went out and got the cutest and most girly nursery collection i could find. Well, sure enough, our much desired girl turned out to be a boy. I wanted to decorate a girly room so bad. Since i haven't got my baby girl just yet I'm going to do everything i wanted in her room design in mine! (just not as childish) With three boys in the house, four if you count the dog, i think i deserve a little feminine space.

I am so anxious to hear from the bank about our payoff on the house. The house i found is a really good deal and I'd hate to loose out on it because the bank was too dang slow. I think i dreamed about those seven bedrooms all night. Haha. I will have some fun decorating this next house!

No comments: