Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feeling Crafty

The other day while shopping with a friend, i came across the cutest burp cloths. The crappy part was that they were $15 for just 3. I couldn't see myself spending that much on something that's going to be used for cleaning up after a newborn. I decided i could make my own. I went to the store and bought a pack of 12 pre-folded cloth diapers for $12 and a quarter of a yard of material for $1.50(will make 2 burp cloths). I also had more material at home. I went home, got to work, and this is what i came up with.

I think i did a pretty good job for it being my first time. They are not perfect but i sure do like them. I made some girly ones for my friends just because i love giving homemade gifts. Well, that's what I've been up to for the last 2 days.

2 comments:

Anji said...

wow, those look really good! I think your really crafty!!!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Cute cloths! Great job. I am so huge, I can't even think about getting near a sewing machine (literally, my belly is too big.) I am due Nov 24 but the docs wont let me go past Nove 10 (28 weeks). Doubt I'll make it that far anyway. I hope you are feeling well... only one more month for you!